Parent Voice at LHS: School Site Council, Parent Association, Board of Trustees
Parent involvement is essential to strenghening LHS. There are 3 open positions for parent representatives–2 on School Site Council (SSC) and 1 on the LHS Board of Trustees. And we always welcome more parents to join our Parents Association!
Please email Beth Silbergeld, Principal at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
- School Site Council
focuses on looking at student achievement, how resources are allocated towards improving student achievement, and makes recommendations on budget to the Board of Trustees for the coming school year.
- meets 5 evenings during the school year from 6pm to 7:30pm (dates TBD)
Board of Trustees
- makes overarching governance decisions for the school, including approving an annual budget
- meets 6 evenings during the school year from 6pm to 9pm (remaining dates, 10/20, 12/8, 1/19, 3/15, 5/17, and 6/14)
- works on fundraising,events, teacher appreciation, and outreach to the community
- meets 4 evenings during the school year from 6pm to 7:30 (10/8, 12/10,2/11, and 4/07
We need your support! Please consider contributing your time to one of these groups.