Hello Leadership Community!
As you know the big move to our new building is happening soon and its going to be a big event for the families as well as the students! Please see the below dates for important information. We are really hoping that we can get as much family participation as possible during this time to make this move as smooth as possible for our staff AND most importantly our students.
- 12/7—Community Packing Day! Students and families—this is your chance to pitch in and help some of your favorite teachers get ready for the big move from 10am to 3pm—and earn community service hours. There will be a lunch break with pizza and a lunch-time tour of the new campus on Monday, December 8th at 11:30am.
- 12/15—12/18—Finals, modified schedule
- 12/18—Last Day of Semester I and last day at 241 Oneida!
- 12/19—No School
- 12/22—12/29, 1/1—Main office closed
- 1/3 and/or 1/4—Info to come on Community Unpacking Day!
- 1/5—First Day on New Campus. We are having a first day celebration that begins at 8am. All students and families are invited for donuts, sparkling apple juice, and coffee. Class will start on-time at 8:30am, so come early for the party and be ready to learn!
- 1/10—Open House from 10am to 12pm for prospective families
- Address: The address of the new campus is 350 Seneca Avenue.
- Phone: Our phone number will stay the same!
Key requests of students and families:
- Settling in: We ask for your patience during the first couple weeks as we get everything unpacked and sorted. We will work hard over break to do as much as possible, but settling in may take a while.
- Community commitment: We are truly fortunate to be moving into a beautiful new, state-of-the-art campus, with all new furniture. The work of keeping Leadership’s new home clean and beautiful can’t be done by a custodian or a team of custodians or the LHS staff alone. It will take a community commitment, all 300 of us who are on campus every day have a role to play.
- It’s all about you! Students, we invite you to start day-dreaming about the new space and give thought to the impact of your actions in that space. You go to a school called Leadership, after all! Practice now putting trash where it belongs and take pride in keeping our new campus free from graffiti and litter. You know what to do. Be accountable to yourself and your community.
· Families, you are a big part of this! Please talk with your students now about the importance of respecting the new learning space we are moving into. If you have any questions or concerns related to the move, please email Emma Cizek, Office Manager, at email@example.com or Terye Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org